Vigyan team believes in raising collective voices and has strong affirmation for the values of collectivity, transparency and participation. Through our interventions we help in formation of CBOs which become instrumental in initiating and sustaining positive change in the lives of people.
The federation of urban poor SGSM has successfully protested the forceful eviction drives of government and has undertaken activities like rally, dharna, memorandum submission, seminar for stopping eviction and providing proper rehabilitation.
- Helping the poor gain identity card:
Hundreds of urban poor have been benefited by citizenship proofs like voter-Id cards, ration cards, entitlements under different schemes of social welfare.
- Influencing government to stop BPL eligibility for housing schemes
With pressure from SGSM, the government has finally acceded to the demand of curtailing eligibility of BPL for access to housing schemes.
The impact of our efforts is the most visible by the functionality of the CBOS and the stories of change reflected in people and the community these CBOs work with.
Shaheri Gareeb Sangharsh Morcha
This is a city level federation of urban poor. This is a membership based federation of which migrant laborers, domestic workers, street vendors, homeless community and other slum dwellers are members. This too works in collaboration with other peoples’ network for the basic rights of urban poor. This Morcha is functional at Lucknow as well at Allahabad.
- Inclusion of urban poor in urban planning
- Safe & Secured housing for all
- Appropriate rehabilitation & relocation
- Dignified & secure life for urban poor
This is a women’s organization which basically aims to unite women and gives women from urban poor settlements a platform to collectively solve problems and initiate actions to ensure school enrolment of children, stop violence against women, fight against alcohol abuse etc. This organization is also affiliated to the Shaheri Gareeb Sangharsh Morcha
- End of violence against women
- Equal status to women in all spheres
- Equality & Equity in opportunities to all women
Dihari Mazdoor Sangathan
This is a district level organization of daily wage-earning laborers. The objective of this organization is to ensure the access of basic rights of the laborers and form a larger network of urban poor which can lobby and advocate for their rights at larger level.
- Recognition of labor addas
- Provision of basic facilities at all labor addas
- Facilitating access of all migrant labors to government schemes
- Comprehensive social security for all unorganized sector workers.
Gharelu Kamgaar Mahila Sangathan
This is an organization of domestic workers. This organization is functional at Lucknow as well at Allahabad. The objective of this organization is to demand for decent wages, social security and dignified life of the domestic workers. This organization is also affiliated to the Shaheri Gareeb Sangharsh Morcha
- Recognition of domestic work as labor
- Suitable conditions of work for domestic workers
- Covering up of domestic workers under appropriate legislation